Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
[Redacted] 16:31 - Oct 23 with 1123 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
The uncanny & the Enfield hauntings on TV... on 16:36 - Oct 23 with 1099 viewsWarkTheWark

Yeah - had a load from about 14 until my Mum had her house blessed. We didn't talk about it but we had the same things happen to us and mine stopped at the point hers did. I don't believe it's religious but an act of "i don't want to experience this anymore" did it.

Also lived in a victorian student house in Portsmouth and all 7 of us experienced similar things as well as a single event which essentially stopped a house party of 30 odd people.

I'm also sceptical now as to what's imagination and what is real - but it's scary either way.
[Redacted] on 16:43 - Oct 23 with 1075 viewsvictorywilhappen

The uncanny & the Enfield hauntings on TV... on 16:36 - Oct 23 by WarkTheWark

Yeah - had a load from about 14 until my Mum had her house blessed. We didn't talk about it but we had the same things happen to us and mine stopped at the point hers did. I don't believe it's religious but an act of "i don't want to experience this anymore" did it.

Also lived in a victorian student house in Portsmouth and all 7 of us experienced similar things as well as a single event which essentially stopped a house party of 30 odd people.

I'm also sceptical now as to what's imagination and what is real - but it's scary either way.

[Redacted]
The uncanny & the Enfield hauntings on TV... on 16:50 - Oct 23 with 1042 viewsWarkTheWark

[Redacted] on 16:43 - Oct 23 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Yeah it was actually a new build in Kesgrave where most of it happened. There have been a few frankly terrifying incidents but for the most part, in the Suffolk home, it felt like more like someone messing around rather than something sinister.

The thing which was bad was both my mum and I would hear inaudible shouting as we fell asleep - both thought it was a neurological thing until she had her new house blessed at which point I asked why she was doing it and we realised our joint experience.

Since then I get kind of a sense of things but I'm not scared and deliberately push "not interested" thoughts when i do feel uncomfortable. It's usually if it happens in the daytime when i get a little anxious these days as i think everyone gets the heeby jeebies every so often at night.
[Redacted] on 16:56 - Oct 23 with 1015 viewsvictorywilhappen

The uncanny & the Enfield hauntings on TV... on 16:50 - Oct 23 by WarkTheWark

Yeah it was actually a new build in Kesgrave where most of it happened. There have been a few frankly terrifying incidents but for the most part, in the Suffolk home, it felt like more like someone messing around rather than something sinister.

The thing which was bad was both my mum and I would hear inaudible shouting as we fell asleep - both thought it was a neurological thing until she had her new house blessed at which point I asked why she was doing it and we realised our joint experience.

Since then I get kind of a sense of things but I'm not scared and deliberately push "not interested" thoughts when i do feel uncomfortable. It's usually if it happens in the daytime when i get a little anxious these days as i think everyone gets the heeby jeebies every so often at night.

[Redacted]
The uncanny & the Enfield hauntings on TV... on 17:07 - Oct 23 with 977 viewsGuthrum

I used to go ghost-hunting and still friends with people involved in it, or academic research on the subject (not met Danny Robins, but know people who know him).

Didn't have many experiences myself - was known as "the psychic housebrick" - but there were a few things which I haven't got an explanation for. On one occasion a dark shape appeared in a room accompanied by an unpleasant sensation of physical pressure, observed by more than one of those present. That was rather disturbing.

Was also there when a solidly sceptic friend looked into a room and saw a figure sitting in a chair where there couldn't be one. Majorly freaked him out (beyond what he could have faked) and permanently altered his world-view. Tho it was, obviously, just him who saw it and therefore a subjective experience.

An interesting topic, whatever you think about the mechanisms, causes and processes involved.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The uncanny & the Enfield hauntings on TV... on 17:18 - Oct 23 with 933 viewsTrequartista

No as they don't exist. I can't explain how magicians do tricks, but that doesn't mean i think magic is real, so the same applies.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

[Redacted] on 17:22 - Oct 23 with 919 viewsvictorywilhappen

The uncanny & the Enfield hauntings on TV... on 17:18 - Oct 23 by Trequartista

No as they don't exist. I can't explain how magicians do tricks, but that doesn't mean i think magic is real, so the same applies.

[Redacted]
The uncanny & the Enfield hauntings on TV... on 17:24 - Oct 23 with 904 viewsTrequartista

[Redacted] on 17:22 - Oct 23 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

You've got me there.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Login to get fewer ads

The uncanny & the Enfield hauntings on TV... on 10:48 - Oct 24 with 714 viewsWarkTheWark

[Redacted] on 16:56 - Oct 23 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Nothing of note, it was next to Cedarwood primary school...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024